Almost Real Things Magazine is growing! We are looking to add talented writers to our team to create content for our print issues and website.
Our quarterly magazine features local businesses, startups, musicians and artists in Austin. As a member of our team, you will have a voice in the content we publish, a chance to publish your own work, media access to events in town and opportunities to interview high profile creatives.
We are a nonprofit so this is an unpaid internship for college credit and/or awesome perks. However, there are opportunities to get paid at our events and with certain articles on our site.
- Support our creative team across multiple projects
- Produce original work for publication
- Assist with interviews, editing, formatting and proofreading content
- Assist with website updates
- Assist with print magazine distribution
- Extremely creative environment
- Professional writing critiques/mentorship with our Editor in Chief
- Free entry to art, music and design events
- Have your work published
- Learn how to run a print/online magazine in the digital age
- Opportunity to network with creative professionals of all mediums
- Be VIP at all Almost Real Things events
- Access to free flamingo koozies
- Excellent writing skills (grammar, editing)
- Distinct voice but can also easily adapt writing style to different projects
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Willing to bring new ideas to the table, comfortable collaborating
- Available to work part-time 2-3 days per week (About 10 hrs/wk)
- Flexible schedule, ability to work remotely and check in via phone, video chat, or in person (we are based in the East Riverside area)
- Bonus: Working knowledge and understanding of Adobe Indesign
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please include:
- Three writing samples that exemplify your style
- Favorite author/publication
*Though we accept submissions from everywhere, we prefer writers on our team to live in the Austin area.