It’s 2019. Over 61% of the US has listened to a podcast in the last year.
Podcast listeners are 50% more likely to buy from a brand they’ve heard on a podcast. There’s now even a Netflix for Podcasts which raised money.
Whether you’re a content creator, a personal brand, or a micro-influencer, launching, growing and monetizing a podcast is now one of the top ways to build your brand.
Outlier HQ, and Austin-based MediaTech Ventures, and local Podcaster Moby are hosting Outlier Podcast Festival in downtown Austin, May 17th and 18th. It’s a 2-day conference geared for content creators, podcasters, and media professionals to meet, collaborate, and learn.
Here’s what the team has put together for the Austin community:
- 3 Tracks for content creators
- Building a Business using Content
- Tech & Innovation in Podcasting
- Creative Storytelling
- Mayor Adler on a live show on Saturday morning
- Pitch Competition for podcasters with new show ideas (win free equipment!)
- Scholarship opportunities for underrepresented podcasters (including, but not limited to: persons identifying as LGBTQ+, women, persons of color, and/or persons with disabilities who may not otherwise have the opportunity to attend our festivals for financial reasons. Email email@example.com to apply.)
Use the code “AustinCreator” for 15% off tickets: outliercs.com
“Give me the details first…”
About 200 podcasters, content creators, and micro-influencers are converging at Galvanize, downtown Austin on Friday and Saturday, May 17th and 18th. It’s two full days of programming for indie podcasters, industry giants, and content creators to meet, collaborate, and learn.
Featured Talks & Workshops
Moby Hayat: How to Build a Brand: Content Content Content”
Lisa Orkin of Project Woo Woo: “Creative Storytelling in Business”
Chris Krimitsis of PodFest: 10 Key Ways to Market and Grow Your Business via Podcasting
Jessica Kupferman of She Podcasts: “Making Money Podcasting
Rob Greenlee: VP of Podcaster Relations at Spreaker
Rob Walch: VP of Podcasts Relations at Libsyn
Sarah Rhea Werner: Executive Producer at Girl in Space
Harry Duran: Founder at Fullcast
Jessica Kupferman: CoFounder of She Podcasts
Alright, get to it.