Neither did we.
That means 1.5 trillion pounds of carbon dioxide annually. But that’s not necessarily atrocious given the enormous size and economic status of the great state of Texas. Here are some quick facts to help you understand:
- World’s sixth largest oil producer
- World’s eleventh largest electricity producer
- World’s twelfth largest economy
- US’s leading wind power producer
- US’s highest export revenue since 2000
- US’s second highest Gross State Product
- US’s second largest population
- World’s taco capital
That said, we can and will make it better.